• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3D Tv's, Blu-Rays, Video Games, TV Shows, Whatver....

LwnmwnMan2

We had a TV go out, covered under a warranty by Geek Squad. They couldn't fix the TV, so they gave us "replacement value" for our current TV.

Well, last Wednesday, we went to BB looking for a new TV. We ended up with a Samsung 46" 3D LED Smart TV.

I didn't really care about the Smart part, nor did I even realize it was 3D at the time. My wife was most concerned about a TV to hang on the wall (like the old one) with minimal casing.

Our old TV was 2" deep, about 2" around the entire screen for a bezel.

Anyways, the TV we bought ended up being one that was last year's model, $1999 reduced to $1199. They ended up giving us the TV for an even swap and included the promo bundle which included another 22" TV, 2 sets of 3D glasses, and they threw in another 2 pairs of 3D glasses for the kids.

ANYWAYS, now back to the reason for the thread....

I have the PS3 hooked up to the TV and have played a couple of games on it. COD Black Ops and MLB The Show 12, both have 3D capabilities.

Both are REALLY cool in 3D. Turn the lights off, put the glasses on and it's a whole 'nother game.

I know this is newer technology, but maybe a thread for those that are looking or have bought a TV could chime in, or those that have games, Blu-rays could say "yeah, this one is good in 3D, or skip this one"...???

I love my 3D smart tv, Pandora, access to about any movie I want at the push of a button, Almost everythings cool in 3D even if not filmed in 3D. Downside of the new tv's is sound quality is poor at best, I added a Boston Accoustics soundbar and sub and it rocks now....