• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First flathead of the season!!!

Stick in Mud

Ok, well, it DID have a flat head, and it was brown (mostly).

full-18483-18844-firstflathead.jpg

I ended up catching four of the buggers...two on crawlers and two on cutbait. Needless to say, I gave up a bit early. smile

But it was a beautiful night on the water, and it sure is nice to go fishing in shorts and a sweatshirt in March. Regardless of the fish caught, I'll take it. smile

Eelpout? I thought it was the northern strain of the barbless flathead catfish variety that's popular up around St Cloud?!?

Yup, I'm getting the dock ready for when the real fish start biting....No catfish yet, but I wasn't out there for more than 20 minutes before I was forced inside by continuous bites from the northern strain of barbless flathead catfish that are common up around this stretch of the Miss.

Above it....but there are LOTS of them below it, too. I very rarely catch them down there unless I'm fishing below the ice. I love eating them, but for whatever reason I'd prefer to get them from somewhere other than the river. There are some big ones in the river, too, but I always let them go. If you want to know where to catch them, look up my address....or pm me. smile

I'll also mail you one...a little dry ice and it'll arrive as slimy as the day it was caught. I've pulled about ten of the them since I caught that one (including two tonight), but they are either less active than they were earlier, or they're not there anymore, or the catfish have moved them out. Either way, your odds of getting one mailed to you are declining by the day. smile