• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How fast can you wear out your track slides?

Mike Stark

So the snow is all gone up here in Ely but there is still good ice to fish. I am thinking about taking my sled out on the lake. They is very little to no snow on the lake and not much water left either. Is it a bad idea to take the sled? How fast can you wear out your slides. I would be going slow and maybe go a total of 10 miles all day. My only other option is walking.

Thanks,

Mike

So the snow is all gone up here in Ely but there is still good ice to fish. I am thinking about taking my sled out on the lake. They is very little to no snow on the lake and not much water left either. Is it a bad idea to take the sled? How fast can you wear out your slides. I would be going slow and maybe go a total of 10 miles all day. My only other option is walking.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

If there is even a little water to run through once in a while it will help. I put brand new ones on at the end of last year and in just one day out on Mill Lacs on glare ice I wore them down about 3/4%. When I got back to my truck and let them sit for a while when I was loading up. They stuck so bad to the track I had to use a screw driver and pliers to hammer them loose at each lug! eek There is no way I am going to get out of not putting on a new pair next fall! frown