• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer to boat seat belts?

Dahitman44

I have a buddy who uses this new product and he said he loves it. It replaces the old ties town straps used at the end of your trailer.

I have a larger boat than he does -- a 185 trophy and it sticks out over the trailer a couple on inches. Has anyone used this new seat-belt system? Any thoughts on it? Any with a larger boat.

Thanks

Hit

Are you talking about the "Boat Buckle"? Ive put them on for a few people and as far as I know they all like them. It was at their request. I do remmber one in particular that was like you described, boat over hanging, and it didnt seem to be an issue.

I've been using Boat Buckles for about 4 years and love them!! I will never own a boat trailer without them!

My only complaint is driving down a dirt road they can jam up, but just dip them in the lake to flush the dirt out and they will work fine.

I've been using Boat Buckles for about 4 years and love them!! I will never own a boat trailer without them!

My only complaint is driving down a dirt road they can jam up, but just dip them in the lake to flush the dirt out and they will work fine.

+1 to all that was said above. Quick, simple, takes less than a minute to secure both sides. Another BIG plus for me is they don't scratch the boat like my old ones could if the latch was not covered correctly.

Mike

They've been around for years. My '08 boat didn't have them and I always wanted to put a set on but never got to it. When I bought a new boat and trailer 2 years later, it came with it which was great. If anyone hasn't discover them, they're awesome!

I missed this part...

I have a larger boat than he does -- a 185 trophy and it sticks out over the trailer a couple on inches.

I have a buddy who tried to install a set on his and was unable to unless he built a bracket that would extend the trailer frame further back, otherwise the belt would have rubbed too hard on the corner of the hull. He eventually gave up and decided they weren't worth the hassle, but every time he see's me using mine he gets jealous. grin

I guess all I can say is check them out and see if you can figure out a way to mount them so they don't rub too hard. If it isn't possible return them.