• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jackson Hole/Yellowstone

Fathom

Looking into making a trip to this area end of June, does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay for a family of 5? Won't be camping so a hotel or some kind of similar lodging is what we are looking for. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

If you have kids there was a nice little place called the Elk Country Inn that we stayed at once and all the rooms are like little log cabins. The kids liked it a lot.

Stay at old faithful inn cause your basically in the middle of Yellowstone and just day trip out to tetons/jackson hole

We camped in Yellowstone and had lunch at the Inn. Wished we would have stayed there, looked like a neat place. We camped in a popup the first week of August and almost froze, lows into the high 20's every night. The Inn would have been a better choice.

Spent last year in yellowstone for vacation. The only thing I would change is to NOT stay camping in the park for 5 days. I would only stay 3 and bounce down to jackson hole and stay another 2 nights. 5 days in the park is too much plus it gets a little old driving for hours ever time you want to see something. The hike at jenny lake to the waterfalls is amazing!!!!

I'm a big fan of the cabins at Canyon Village. They're less spendy than Old Faithful Inn, and a little more centrally located. That area is less busy, you can explore the canyon there and it's close to the Norris Geyser Basin to the west and Hayden Valley (bison & elk watching almost guaranteed) to the south. You can take one day to drive the north loop of the figure 8 and one day for the south loop. Then decide where you want to spend more time. Check at the ranger station early in the morning for the geyser predictions. The out-of-the way geysers are more spectacular than Old Faithful, just not as predictable. Sometimes you have to commit a few hours to waiting for the "scheduled" eruption.

The cabins are pretty basic, just beds, nightstands, a couple of chairs and a bath with shower. But you won't be spending much time indoors. Whatever you decide on, take a fan and an extension cord. None of the lodging in the park is air conditioned, and it can get uncomfortably hot in your room.

Make your reservation for in-park lodging soon. It fills up early. Now I've gotten myself cranked up and wish I could go again. Maybe next year.

Enjoy your trip.