• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Cat's

MN Mike

Wow, remind me to never buy a new sled. Those things are pricey. Not exactly a blue collar sport anymore is it?

No kidding!

Funny thing is Cat was stuggling to fill all of it's preseason orders ( the ones ordered before April 21 last year ) shocked , especially the 4 strokers which came in as some of the more expensive sleds! Talked to a buddy if mine that was out in Michigan earlier this year and a family of 5 strolled up on brand spankin new 4 stroke turbos, EVERY SINGLE one had their own sled......... I'm in the wrong line of work!

Mike

Well, I got a little seat time in this weekend on a 12' M800 Snopro 153", and I will say I was very impressed! Most of my seat time was on the trails and even though it's a mountain sled it rode great on the trails, almost better than the Crossfire 800 I was riding and much better than the old chassis (previously riding a 05' M7 that beat me up!. Granted, it lacks a sway bar so it took a little more body action to get it through corners....but nothing way out of the norm. The steering on it is effortless, and the seating position is great (fairly Rev like). It handled the bump as well if not better than the Crossfire. I managed to find a few drifts to carve up and it carved with ease and was easy to maneuver.

I can say if I was looking for a multipurpose sled this would probably be it...although you would still have to watch heating on hard ice pack trails if/when riding them like most mountain sleds. I liked riding it over the 10' Crossfire 800 I was riding most of the weekend...though some of that may partly be do to the adjustable steering system and me being able to get the handlebar more to my height (as tall as possible)....being I am 6'4". The CF does not have much of a riser on it so standing through the bumpy sections of trails was a chore.

I saw a lot of the new sleds out there this weekend.

full-3806-18389-img_0720.jpg

We were riding up in Michigan from Feb 3-6, one of our guys was riding a 2012 ProCross F 1100 Turbo Sno Pro Limited. Blew it up. 2 weeks old. Now it's in the shop getting a whole new engine. That sucks!

I should update on the 2012 Cat. Turns out there may be a little more to the story. The sled was having some octane issues and possible bad gas, so it might not have been all on Cat. Don't want to rip them apart unless justified.