• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

will be looking into a female springer pup this spring - breeder needed

RangerJack

My 3 year old golden passed away today, and I'll be looking for a female springer spaniel (liver and white) to keep my male company and eventually have pups.

Either a pup or a one or two year old dog would work. Let me know if any litters are in the process.

Open to anyone with spaniels, not necessarily AKC.

Thanks, ranger.

Quote:
My 3 year old golden passed away today, and I'll be looking for a female springer spaniel (liver and white) to keep my male company and eventually have pups.

Sorry for the loss of your golden, I don't know alot about springers ( I'm a retriever guy) but I do know a few people that, could point you in the right direction, but they will need to know your males cridentials, linnage, and accomplishments, ( titles ect. ) and health clearences, to ensure a good breeding in the future..

If your looking

Kinda looking for a cheaper pup though. My last one was $250, and i'd put him up against any $1500 dollar pup in the field. I can't get an expensive dog, being that I keep mine outdoors and they are more prone to accidents, etc.

Not to mention most springer breeders dogs are hideous compared to the dog I currently have. I just have to wait for the right pup, if not this year, maybe next. And fcspringer, there's no way he can compete with you and your buddies dogs in fake situations, but out in the swamps with old roosters, he'd be tough to beat. My dog's a one man dog, I take him everywhere and we have a very good bond. He does what I say, and would be tough to train with other people/dogs. Maybe my next dog I will come check you guys out, especially if I purchase her from one of you alexandria breeders.

Ranger

are you just trying to tell everyone they are wrong...can't get an expensive dog because they live outside...most springer breeder's dog are hideous. you came on here looking for options only to disapprove of everyone's advice. If your dog can't be trained around other people or dogs, how well can it possibly hunt when other people are around or other dogs. going to meet up with fcspringer or any other training group might just be what you and your dog need. Trials yes are setup...but respecting other dogs and handlers is very much the same as in hunting. finding birds, tracking, retrieving that last i checked was also involved in hunting. good luck with your next dog.

wasn't intending to offend people, but i always do online. uneducated and misleading posts. sorry for the upset. i have nothing wrong with fcspringers spaniels, and think they are good looking and very talented (check his HSOforum). i just wish people would realize that "cheap" dogs can and will perform with the right amount of time and training. my dog can't compete with fcspringers or ricks or anyone who professionally trains their springers. sorry for the misleading posts.

back to the original topic. i need a female springer pup in the $300 to $800 dollar range.

thanks, ranger.

Well, we train so we can also have better hunting dogs. I hunt all the time. You would love em in the cattails. That is what I hunt allot. We booked all the pups for $800. Most good breeders I know are in that range. So I think you have been mislead. Not sure why you got so defensive, just tried to help. We do not how ever sell a breedable dog to any one. So that is why I never even brought up our dogs. Take care