• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Hottest Pepper on the Planet?

Dotch

"The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion scored highest, overall, in mean heat with more than 1.2 million Scoville Heat Units (SHU). Chocolate 7-pot came in at almost 1.17 million SHU. 7-pot placed third with more than 1.06 million SHU. Trinidad Scorpion packed almost 1.03 million SHU and Bhut Jolokia had almost 1.02 million SHU."

So they're all really hot

madcry

ha, i went to Buffalo wild wings one time with the family and having never eaten there i ordered the hottest wings they had. i love hot food. my daughter told me i'm wasting my money because i would not finish the serving. even the waitress gave me the look. well, i ate them all but two. i had to stop. ended up ordering milder stuff there. these peppers talked about here sound over the top hot. good luck.

I have survived the Blazin' Challenge at BWW and got the T-shirt. wink I didn't even find the challenge too difficult. Now, I recently had some Bhut Jolokia salsa that was pretty intense. A couple of years ago, I grew a couple of Bhut Jolokia plants. I ended up with about 50 ridiculously hot peppers. I dried them, along with some excess habaneros and serranos that I had and pureed all of the dried peppers into powder--seeds and all. I keep the resulting powder in a tupperware in the freezer and add a small spoonful or two in a crockpot of chili for pretty intense heat.

Because I have all of that hot pepper powder available, I've decided to go a little milder this year. I'm starting 6 pablano pepper plants inside this winter and have overwintered a serrano plant that I hope will give me lots of serranos to add to black beans or omelets by late summer!

Anyway, I think this new pepper is pretty cool. I'm sure I could never eat one, but since I've survived putting an entire Bhut Jolokia on a burger, maybe anything's possible. grin

I just dig talking about hot food! Made an awesome Thai curry this weekend with a bunch of those skinny little Thai chilis. Bomb!

I my self over wintered a bhut jolikia , planted habenaros , jalepenos lemon peppers and pimento dulce. Could not find any seranno peppers locally which is what I was really after , but a friend has scorpions , giant ghost speppers and chocalate habeneros sprouting. and has made some fiery salsa in the past couple years.

ghost pepper chili Bomb!

I enjoy hot stuff, but i also cry when eating BWW's Blazin sauce. So my opinion of hot, is probably bland compared to those peppers.

I love heat in my food, but I've gotta agree about BWW blazing sauce, that's my upper limit for eating a few wings that are completely doused.

Where do you guys find these things for planting? I could use some ridiculously hot peppers growing in my garden smile

I've had the worst time successfully growing super hot peppers.. I think some of their specialized crossing focused only on heat levels also made them a bit more difficult to successfully fruit than other peppers.

Then again I still have lousy results with most of my outdoor peppers.. sigh.

Where do you guys find these things for planting? I could use some ridiculously hot peppers growing in my garden smile

You outta be able to find habaneros and serranos all over the place. Hotter than that, and you'll have to shop around. You can find Bhut Jolokias at a few little greenhouses in MN. Prairie River Greenhouse has them.

Growing them in a garden and getting them hot is tough. They need lots of sun and enough moisture. I always thought they would like it dry, but hot peppers seem to wilt pretty easily (though, I've heard that inducing a little drought after the peppers are set will make them hotter). I think you can keep them a little warmer and avoid frost (and overwinter them!) by growing them in a pot. I had a couple of big black plastic pots that trees at places like Home Depot come in, so I used those. With them, I'm able to move the peppers around so they are getting direct sunlight and bring them in during potential cold nights.

I love hot, and I love BWW blazin too.

Lately though, I've been getting the wild and a side of blazin. Then I can adjust the spice for each wing. And I can dip other stuff in the blazin, like the little potato things.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I'd like to plant some ridiculously hot peppers this year. If anyone knows any places around the east side of the cities to buy plants, I'd love to hear it.