• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finishing a Basement

amateurfishing

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are willing to haul and carry yourself, nards is about the cheapest place to get it... it seams a bit more spongy than the stuff I get from the yard... but I don't know of any long term issues with it... some of the spongyness may be due to humidity and or storage at the store... who knows... but otherwise I think most companies are changed over the the "light rock" now, which is around 30% lighter than the older rock, and seams much more crisp...

No real big difference in my opinion, big differences is if you wan tto pay for delivery and carry in, or do it yourself...

I would have it carried in, unless you have a couple high school aged rellys with friends who like green cash like I have available! :-)

Go 5/8 for the ceiling and 1/2 for the walls. Nards has stuff that is just fine... Make sure you look it over and if you come to the pile and there is a piece that has been removed from the double pack just move it aside and take the ones not opened up.

The taping and mudding is a job that you will slowly get better at, so start in closets and areas that wont be seen much, go out into main rooms after you get the feel for it. My closet looks pretty bad but you gotta have a testing area if your a first timer!