• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Self steering no miss bullet for hunting

Another page being written in the march of firearms technology, a self steering bullet that makes missing a thing of the past. Or at least very close to that. Developers of this are looking at military and law enforcement market, but also looking at recreational shooters and hunters as market too.

Here is the article on the BBC news HSOforum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810107

As this gets cheaper, someone will push to use it hunting. Who knows, if centerfire guys jump on it, they may come up with a version for muzzleloaders too. Then the muzzleloader scope debate will have a new angle. Best hope is that the military will want to keep it for themselves. Just like a lot of the technology we use for hunting now (gps anyone?), this technology at some point likely will become widely available. Us humans are sure creative/inventive!

Wonder what materials are used and if they are safer than lead.

Not coming soon but probably at some point in the future. Anything that makes it easier and quicker to harvest and compensates for lower skill levels is going to have someone demanding to be able to use it. I can hear the advertising machine/hunting show host now ........"That bruiser stepped out and gave me a chance. 30 mile an hour cross wind. Ranged him at 1.24 miles and the Buck Getter 100 did the rest. What a buck! What a bullet. With the Buck Getter 100 anyone can get that shooter buck 100% of the time! You gotta have these!"

Sounds far fetched, but so did GPS, drop compensating scopes, trail cams with satellite up links connected to internet to track deer, laser range finders etc to my older relatives who were hunting before any of these were invented. Actually I am in that group now too eek

Just a question of what we want hunting to be. And shooting competitions. Doubt it will be used in Olympic sports laugh

Interesting topic

lakevet