• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OTTER WILD T600 THERMAL-TOP

I have finally gotten out to use my new Otter HSOList.

The winter has thrown us a couple of curveballs but it is nice to be on the ice again.

I also have the Otter Wild Cabin so I was intrested to see how the new thermal top would work out.

The Otter thermal top is only the second Insulated house I have been in and the first one was quite impressive.

Now granted we have not seen a normal winter by any means but the thermal top really seems to help with keeping the house warm. I have easlly heated it with a Big Buddy heater, most of the time I have been able to keep it on low and still stay toasty warm. The Black Ice Camo pattern also helps in keeping things heated up and I really like the design.

I like the new pole design this year on the Wild it seems to setup and take down alot quicker then the old style pole and the buttons on the poles seem alot easier to work with even with gloves on.

The new design on the bench seat also is working good for me . I'm a bench guy don't know why but I just seem to like them more then the seats. The cushion you get with the bench is good and their back rest seems to fit to the countor of my back.

The Otter sleds have always been a great sled and with the added hyfax runners this sled pulls threw the snow and on the ice easy enough. I'm really suprised how much of a differents it makes with the runners.

All in all Im impreesed with the new Otter Wild T600 Thermal Top and look forward to putting it to some good use this ice season.

I had some nice picture of the house in action and even with a couple of fish being caught, but I lost the camera some where between our fishing hole and the truck. cry

I hope you get out and enjoy the ice season.

Sifty

It really is a great fish house. The T600 hundred is the first Otter house I have owned. What a difference in quality of canvas and the skirting. The thermal top really makes a difference on thoses colder days. Although the Ice Cottage is called a one man, you could certainly fish two out of it in a

pinch. As a one man it has a ton of room.

I just bought one of these two days ago. It took me 5hrs to put this thing together (first time I ever put one of these together). It was crazy. The instructions were so bad. The instructions provided to put the bench seat together was for the orange otter wild house.Its still the same concept but very bad pictures and instructions. I bought the cottage for one person, but this thing is huge to fit 2 adults and a kid. It came with the cover too ($50 value seperately). Other than the process taking longer than I thought, I'm excited to get it out at least once before the ice melts.

I think it would be nicer if they could drill the holes in the sled so that it wont take so much time to do, plus make the instructions easier to understand. Some of the screws I had didn't even match the picture. I did a pretty good job putting this thing together for a girl. Pretty handy lady so I didn't give up on it until it was all put together. With some help from my husband when he got home to finish it off.

If it makes you feel any better, it also took me 5 hours to assemble mine, and I agree that there were some shortcomings in the manual. In fact I came across a fairly significant mistake.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2711636/FYI_to_anyone_assembling_an_Ot

I think there is some room for improvement when it comes to assembling these. Sure I could probably do it in about an hour now that I've done it once, but things like predrilled holes, well labeled hardware, and better illustrations would have saved me time for sure.

I tell ya what though, once it is together, it sure is a darn nice house!

DTRO, I wish i had seen your post. I tired to search for info online for it and found nothing so went ahead and assembled it. But I'm not mad about it. It was challenging but fun too. Can't wait to try it. I also got a $50 gift card from FF for spending over $350. I'm going to use that to buy the hyfax and two bar. It was a great investment. Glad we made a good choice over the clam.

Glad Im not the only one who takes forever to assemble these. I got my new Canvas Craft and the guy at the shop told me it takes him 30 minutes to assemble one, so it should take me 45 minutes. Maybe 45 minutes if I worked there, but it took me at least 3 hours, maybe longer. Then after setting it up I went fishing with it the next day. As soon as I set it up, my daughter steps in a hole and we had to leave for home before even sitting down. frown Anyway, enjoy you new tent, Im glad I finally have a thermal. One winter I may actually need it.

Simple1