• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitefish Lake?

Huey

That's the one. Nice print.

I don't think the houses have changed much. Still have homemade wood stoves, a whiskey bottled filled with kerosene for starting the fire, homemade ice skimmer, etc.. It was fun to go "old school". The action was pretty good. Saw some nice walleyes, including one that stopped to check out the decoy. The best pike action came mid day after a snow storm. Jigging a spoon, like ArcherySniper showed in one of his videos, was the ticket. Thanks for sharing AS. I ended up spearing one pike about 26".

Myself and four other guys went a couple of weeks ago. The best spearing I've had in years! I saw 32 Northerns and 6 Whitefish in two days. The other guys saw good amounts of fish also. Dave Heath knows how to take care of his customers. Our group has been going there since 1971, this was my 17th year. A 6 pounder was the biggest taken. Perfect eaters were the majority.

Do you guys ever see any whitefish?

+1 when it comes to Heaths. I enjoyed my day there. I got introduced to spearing years ago on Whitefish and it was fun to go back. Especially to spear out of an "old school" house. Reminded me of my first fish house. I'm thinking of doing a wknd trip there next winter.