• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aloha!

Just returned from an 8 day trip to Hawaii. We had an incredible time, but I think I left my brain on the beach somewhere. Having troubles getting it into gear... sleep

Here are a few of my favorites. They are unedited, simply because I am too tired, and have too much catching up to do.

We booked a whale watching trip the day after we arrived. It just so happened that the day of our cruise, two humpback whales were in the harbor. The crew was just as giddy as the passengers were.

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1485-Copy.jpg

IMG_1513-Copy.jpg

In this photo, the whale is swimming down the center of our catamaran style boat. Absolutely breathtaking...although I felt like a bath toy.

IMG_1547-Copy.jpg

Went on a supper cruise on a Friday night. The sunset was made even better by the presence of sail boats.

IMG_1802.jpg

Waikiki in the moonlight

IMG_1808.jpg

There is a hotel on Waikiki that puts on a fireworks display on Friday nights. Our boat captain had us in perfect position. The surf was rolling pretty good, so only a few of my photos turned out as I had hoped.

IMG_1862.jpg

There were surf warnings on the North Shore for the first few days we were on the island. By the time we went on our Circle Island Tour, they were not as high. Still impressive, though.

IMG_2087.jpg

Surf boards along Waikiki beach after a day on the water.

IMG_2193.jpg

All of the statues had fresh flower leis adorning them.

IMG_2220.jpg

I am not sure what species of bird these next two are, but I thought they were pretty.

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

Very Nice! Hope you filled a card in your 60D. If you brought that older XT along it's the second time to Hawaii for that unit.

After you have returned to normal maybe you'd put up a post regarding video on that camera? I'd be interested in your thoughts about that element of the 60D.

Thank you for the kind comments, and thank you for the bird ID! I only took 911 photos, so I didn't even come close to filling up my card. Our friends that we traveled with take photos of absolutely everything, and it kinda drives us nuts. Especially when we have a 10 minute stop somewhere. I like to take photos of things I will want to look at over and over...not every statue and plaque explaining some historical thing. I do wish I could have taken photos at a couple of shows we went to. I would love photos of the fire dancers who performed during the Polynesian shows.

CFRay - the XT did not make it along on this trip. My camera bag wasn't large enough to have both bodies along. It has, however, been from New York City to the northern coast of California and many parts in between. smile

I have not yet tried the video feature. I have an excellent Canon video camera, so that isn't one of the features I pay much attention to on the 60D.