• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Some Direction

FJK

Hello everyone.. first time on the forum. It's a new year and I'm done arguing with the ex.. it's time to get out and do some fishing/spearing with my 8yr old son. I grew up in the Duluth area and have been living in Champlin the past several years but just haven't taken time to learn any of the lakes near home. I want to take him spearing for his first time this weekend and I'm looking for some direction. I want to stay within an hour or so north of Champlin. We've been fishing crappies on rush without much luck, hoping to change it up and introduce him to the great sport of spearing. I'd like to get him on a clear lake where he can get a good look at a few northerns. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

First off welcome to the HSO family and you will find that alot of these guys here are will ing to give up info concerning spearing and places to spear. The lake I spear on is very dirty this season so its probally out for ya. bunch of guys are meeting up on Fish lake by Harris from the site check out the who spearing post.

see ya on the ice

pm sent

If you change your mind we will be cooking hot dogs and talking smart at Fish Lake on sunday.

Its around an hour from Champlin.

Go straight out from the access. My house is green and has fish and spears painted all over it. Can't miss it.

Thanks for the invite, hope you guys had fun! My son and I did hit fish lake saturday for a few hours, slow day. I did want to say thanks to.. I think his name was Steve ??, I'm guessing some of you guys know him. Very nice guy who took time away from his darkhouse to help put us on a good spot. Great to meet good people like that! I'm on my way out the door to try Green or Long.