• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Black Eagle II Safety too Hard to Move

I have owned my SBE II for about 9 years now I mainly bought it for turkeys, I have always HATED how hard the safety is to move back and forth. It is very tough to move to the “Fire” position with my trigger finger alone. With any of my other shotguns I always have the safety “ON” when hunting and without even knowing it I automatically slide it over and fire when a bird flushes. This year I wanted to use my SBE II for more than turkeys, but find it very difficult to walk with this gun and use it the same way. I seem to struggle getting it off “Safe” and it screws my timing up on firing.

I have even been busted by Turkeys that have heard the “TING”!!!

My question is:

Has anyone ever tried to modify the safety to make it slide easier???

Would a gun smith even think about doing this or would liability reasons scare them off???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

MY first idea would be try oil and click it back and forth many many timeto were it in. Second idea would be to break it all down and try and use some steel wool,emery cloth or a file to smooth it down sounds like a bur is catching.

I have never delt with benelli might be worth writing an email about your frustration and issues they might give you some good ideas. confused

Good luck.

MY first idea would be try oil and click it back and forth many many timeto were it in.

I have the same type of issue with my browning Gold but its harder to get it back into the saftey position . I have tried thee above mentioned several time this year and it just didnt work so I think I will tear it down agian and see what is going on and find the root of the problem. before any type of filing goes on. Then talk with the gunsmith for his recomendation.

I would definetly contact Benelli plus talk to a gunsmith before putting a file or steel wool to anything, you could wreck it, plus if you remove the bluing down to bare metal it will rust. The safety on my Benelli M2 moves easily, it sounds like something is wrong on your gun.

Its a simple fix from a gunsmith's point of view. There is some disassembly/reassembly that will need to be done. Take it to one if your not sure, adding oil or lube will not fix your problem in this case, but will probably make it worse as it picks up grit. Any good smith will know what to do, too bad Becker is so far away, but I went to gunsmith school with a guy that is now working out of a gunshop in Sioux Falls, and he was one of the "trusted group" in school. His name is Jimmy, the shop starts with a G and rhymes with Mary's.

Yep!! know the place well...

Thanks Smilinbob!!!

Its a simple fix from a gunsmith's point of view. There is some disassembly/reassembly that will need to be done. Take it to one if your not sure, adding oil or lube will not fix your problem in this case, but will probably make it worse as it picks up grit. Any good smith will know what to do, too bad Becker is so far away, but I went to gunsmith school with a guy that is now working out of a gunshop in Sioux Falls, and he was one of the "trusted group" in school. His name is Jimmy, the shop starts with a G and rhymes with Mary's.