• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone shot the new Mathews Heli-m

NELS-BELLS

I had a chance to shoot the new Mathews Heli-m and I was very impressed, but then again my bow is 10 years old and the last Mathews that I test shot was a Drenalin. (which I also liked)

The Heli-m is very light weight. I liked the smooth draw cycle better then the Hoyt Carbon Element that I also shot. Both the Mathews and the Hoyt had very little hand shock. Between those two bows, I liked the Mathews better.

Of course the shop didn't have a Z7 Extreme set up to test, so I was wondering if any of you guys with Z7 Extremes have had a chance to compare?

Nels

I did not like the Extreme at all. I have shot the Heli-m that was better. The Hoyt Element was the bow I liked best but the Heli-m is right there.

I was out shooting all the new bows and Mathews and Hoyt's would not be a wrong pick. I just did not like the Extreme compared to the Z7 or Heli-m.

Go with the bow you always keep going back to after shooting a few.

I owned a z7, now I own an extreme. Ive shot the heli... Its decent. Feels like a bowtech as far as its back wall. Draw cycle is different that the z series bows. Imo its a stripped down lighweight extreme. Its not fancy.

But I think that is the market of folks they wanted to sell to. Lightweights...

I wont be "upgrading" to a heli~m. My extreme is too nice.

I shot the HeliM tonight and really liked it.

I had to see about all that talk about the reverse roller guide, and it is everything they bragged about.

The draw cycle is unbelievable smooth and quiet as a mouse on the release.

This bow may have just made the want list.

The wife shot the Jewel and was so impressed on that draw cycle at the same weight she is pulling now, she said it was like pulling 1/2 the weight she is now pulling.

Just have to find out if we are going to pull the trigger on these or not. (No pun intended)