• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how long for lake to clear up

ac777

The lake I spear on is very cloudy. Usually I can see bottom fine. This year, we havent had rain for a long time, so i thought it would be as clear as ever. It was al ittle windy before ice up tho. How long will it take for everything to settle and clear up?

could be a week, could be febuary.

Yep last year we had the same thing up hear on my lake and it was about 10 days before it was decent. Its that way again we had ice hen it thawed out and the wind blew out of the south now its cloudy again.

Did you only try one spot? I know that last year also the wind was out of the south and the north sides of the points were not as bad they seemed to be more protected and not as stired up.

Very dissapointing to hear that your lake is cloudy. I've been on that lake and it was perfectly clear, then back 2 days later and it was cl0udy and never did clear up like it had been. It did get some better. I wonder if it is carp stirring it up. If the ice is all good, i would try going all the way accross the lake past the point then way back in that narrow bay. Beware of the muskrats back there though!

Very dissapointing to hear that your lake is cloudy. I've been on that lake and it was perfectly clear, then back 2 days later and it was cl0udy and never did clear up like it had been. It did get some better. I wonder if it is carp stirring it up. If the ice is all good, i would try going all the way accross the lake past the point then way back in that narrow bay. Beware of the muskrats back there though!

Ya, The ice is bout 6 inches, I may try going across today and trying back there.

Has it gotten any more clear yet? How about the ice. I haven't made it out yet.

was out yesterday, It still wasnt cleared up, maybe gained a foot of depth that you could see, but still couldnt see the bottom in 5 feet. havent tried muskrat bay , but I did try the bay by the front landing, and it was just as bad.