• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mem day

Thanks Tom, you too! I wanna hear all the good fishing stories when everyone gets back grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Wanna hear my story?

Well, I haven't gone yet. Rain, wind...Uff da!

Flooding up north and tornadoe watches down south...

Hey Tom, that watch looks awfully close to your neck of the woods. Got the video camera ready??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[This message brought to you by U.J. Why? Because he cares! (sharing and caring on 5-29-2004)]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 05-29-2004).]

LOL...UJ grin.gif

I like the message below your name smile.gif

I made it out yesterday and today in search of crappies. Yesterday my dad and brother went with me and we had a field day with bluegills, crappies and bass. Nothing big but a lot of fish. Here's a bass from yesterday...

CLbass-157x195.jpg

Today was all about the crappies, my brother and I caught about 100 crappies in about 2 hours!!! It rained about half the time but the fish didn't seem to care one bit. No livebait, just some Bio-Bait, Glow Ball Safe Jigs in 1/32 oz, and White/red Panfish Stingers from Southern Pro. Most of the time I just threw a plain plastic without any Bio-Bait and thats all the fish wanted. The crappies were very aggressive and most of the time the fish would hit before the plastic got a chance to fall all the way. Fish ranged from 6-10 inches. Here's my brother with a crappie...

ryancrappie-144x195.jpg

ryancrappiezoom-165x135.jpg

No big bass today, maybe tomorrow. Going to head out early in the morning tomorrow again and see if we can catch a few more. A very fun day fishing smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Hey Matt, you should shoot me an e-mail. Since you're pretty close by, we should meet up and pick on some Crappies one day.

Local lakes would be fine, we can use my boat and truck.

I'm not picky about the lake, just as long as there's some Crappies in it. smile.gif

lem'me know

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Wow, was it fun out ther today! I feel like I just got done getting dunked in the dunk tank at the fair grin.gif

My brother and I made it out around noon today in search of a few more crappies. We got there and it was lightly raining, we were fishing so no big deal. We managed to catch a few nice crappies, they seemed bigger than yesterday and the day before. One went about 11 inches, and there were several others around 10 inches, the rest were around 8-9 inchers. Caught a few gills, but a little on the small side. I hooked into a nice bass and fought it for about a minute, only had on a small 1/32oz jig and the bass eventually shook it loose. I guessed the bass to be about 3 pounds from the looks of it. Caught a few small bass too...one was probably a 5 incher smile.gif

Around 4pm the fun began...down pour! We were going to head in but after about 30 seconds we were as wet as we could possibly get, so we just stayed out there and kept fishing. The crappies were still biting during the rain, but once the sky got dark and the thunder rolled in they shut off.

Now the sun is out again...go figure grin.gif

Same presentation as yesterday, a Glow Ball in Hi-Glow Chartreuse in 1/32oz rigged with an all white Panfish Stinger from Southern Pro. 2-5 feet of water amongst the weed patches and pockets. We used a small float with the jig set about 18 inches down. Today we experimented and added a few small pieces of Nightcrawler Bio-Bait and the fished seemed to really like that too. My brother was also throwing live nightcrawlers and that worked too. Didn't seem to matter a whole lot, but adding a little piece of flavor and scent, whether it was Bio-Bait or livebait, gave the extra edge today.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

i went this morning. was catching little crappies from shore.( i thought it would rain again, so no boat!!) a freind put his in and asked of i wanted to go along. YEP!! i live 40 mi. n.e. of waterloo. and the little lake we were on , the gils are up in the shallows. we only caught three that were full of spawn. the rest just had full bellies. i tried plastic for a while, but got tired of him catching 15 to my one. angle worms were the hot ticket. latter i did do well with a purple tube under a float and just slowly reeling it in. no rain until tonight. was windy when we got off . then the wind got worse! del

Went out friday and saturday, sunday was crapy weather, but we got a total of 14 crappies and 3 of them were over 13". So overall we had nice fish. I think they were all above 10" to. Had good luck with Largemouth also catching one over 5lbs and one just under. Had a great weekend!!!

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

We spend the weekend up on Upper Red. The weather was horrible. Good thing we tied down all the boats because the creek at Roger's Campgroound rose almost half a foot over the weekend. Beached boats were trying hard to float away.

Crappie fishing was tough as fish were scattered and the wind was howling. Did end up filling out with a couple of meals of fresh fish. Crappies ran fron 12-14 inches with a couple pushing 14.5". The spawn still hasn't happened yet.

Borch