• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Run began in 2000.

Crappie Rage

It's always good to have a good run. I know I can't match the 140+ average but I am pretty satisfied with the number of what I consider to be quality deer I have managed since about 2000 my self. Those out of state hunts sure help those of us that don't have our own place.

Very nice run. It would be good to see others run of good fortune and hard work.

Very nice so a ? crappie would be what are the primary reasons Kansas is producing for you the way it seems to ? How is it that the bucks are reaching a mature age. What does opening day of rifle hunting sound like, feel like in Kansas ? I see they have 2 statewide youth hunts, an 11 day gun season, a 10 day muzzy season and you can rifle a buck and also bow a buck if I read that correctly and rifle season must be during the rut I would guess starting November 12th in a further south state so many claim rifle out of rut like Iowa but every deer show the bucks are chasing the does so is it simply volume of hunters or sizable tracts of land or ? I was supposed to fire out can't eat the horns but none of those that say that would've passed on any of those beautiful mature bucks. Chances are many haven't seen a deer in those calibers while hunting, nicely done and continued good luck and good health.

DIY is the only way to go. I know I wouldn't want anyone holding my hand. I like watching the hunting videos where the hunter walks behind the guide until he is waved forward to make the shot. It might work for some but not me. Good job again crappie rage.

lol, nonteepical, read some more Kansas print, I find it interesting some that the doe permits are by county and there's APR in selected counties and you can throw darts at the deer lol, scopes are ok on muzzleloaders, etc. It is interesting to read about the other states and the similarities and differences. Here's something else I wonder about in MN, if we have a 4,000 animal wolf population, I have no idea what it is but if they claim each will take 16 deer per year, that's 64,000 deer annually. I've actually heard 19 deer per year if so that's 70,000+ or I'd say at this point 10% of the herd gets eaten each year. Anyway, no one should be jealous of crappierage unless you're sitting on the other side of the fence where crappie hunts, we have no chance at any of those deer anyway so good luck next season crappie!