• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Streamlight Strion LED Flashlight

I own approximately 20 flashlights for numerous applications.

Cheap led lights, mag lites, to numerous head lamps, to even some higher-end incandescent bulb flash lights. One thing I was lacking was a higher end LED flash light.

I did some research as well as went and played with a few flash lights.

Everyone says Surefire....

The problem I had was even cheap surefire lights ran out of my budget for the flashlight alone! Now I need to buy a bunch of batteries to go with this flashlight.

After reading online about a brand comparable to surefire called Fenix. I almost pulled the trigger and bought one. But again, batteries being the issue and constantly having to change them didn't appeal to me. However if you are looking for a decent flashlight for not so expensive I recommend you check out the Fenix over the Surefire brand.

Now let me introduce you to the Streamlight Strion LED.

Strion_LED_11.jpg

A friend of mine owns one of these flashlights and uses it every day. He is a county sheriff and this flashlight never leaves his side while on duty or out and about as a civilian. With all flashlights distance is the key for me. Any LED light can be bright, and light up a whole room... But what about across the street? Or 200 feet in-front of you? Or in a woods when its pitch dark? This light hands down does its job!

The Streamlight Strion LED Stats:

Rechargeable, ultra-compact and powerful, the Strion LED offers three variable intensity modes, strobe mode and the latest in power LED technology.

Multi-function, push-button tactical tail switch. One-handed operation of momentary, variable intensity: high, medium, low, or strobe modes.

Light Output:

High – 10,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 160 lumens

Medium – 5,000 candela (peak beam intensity), 80 lumens

Low – 2,500 candela (peak beam intensity), 40 lumens

Optimized electronics provides regulated intensity

Run times:

High – Up to 2 continuous hours

Medium – Up to 4 continuous hours

Low – Up to 7.5 continuous hours

Strobe – Up to 5.5 continuous hours.

Lithium ion battery is rechargeable up to 500 times; fully recharges in 3 hrs.

Fits existing Strion chargers. Clamp style charger holder with digital control circuit that prevents over-charge; LED indicates charge status

IPX4 rated design for water resistance

Serialized for positive identification

Limited lifetime warranty

5.9"; 5.22 oz.

6000 series machined aircraft aluminum with anodized finish

Borofloat high temperature glass

Anti-roll head

Multi-function, push-button tactical tailswitch.

Grooved barrel adapts to long gun mount

Lithium Ion battery recharges in the light

C4® LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime

streamlight-strion-led-chart-lg.gif

I picked this light up for around 80 dollars on sale. You will be impressed with this light I promise you. I will make some videos to show the distance this light outputs. Great for everyday application

Nice review and recommendation.

Flashlights are one of the most utilized outdoor tools for all sportsmen. They are also in a product category that ranges from a couple of bucks to several hundred dollars. It is really difficult to just the quality and differences in the various models. Flashlights are impossible to evaluate is a retail store.

I had always gone the cheap route until I received a Browning Black Ice LED flashlight as a gift. Unfortunately, I lost it to a dirty thief.

I'm now shopping for a replacement and having a hard time deciding on a new model.

Nice review and recommendation.

Flashlights are one of the most utilized outdoor tools for all sportsmen. They are also in a product category that ranges from a couple of bucks to several hundred dollars. It is really difficult to just the quality and differences in the various models. Flashlights are impossible to evaluate is a retail store.

I had always gone the cheap route until I received a Browning Black Ice LED flashlight as a gift. Unfortunately, I lost it to a dirty thief.

I'm now shopping for a replacement and having a hard time deciding on a new model.

I strongly suggest the Streamlight Strion LED. Many mechanics use them. The main concern for me was batteries. I already use rechargeables in my headlamps and many other devices that takes batteries. The main thing is always having to take them out and charge them. With the Strion I can just set the flashlight in the charger and forget about it!

I use this flashlight all the time! You can even buy a mount for it so you can attach it to a gun.

I had a guy try to sell me a surefire and i just went right to the streamlight as I saw this flashlight in operation and was amazed!

The (usually priced) $70.00 flashlight at G'Mount has a Cree bulb, runs on two of those small round camera batteries, and packs: 235 lumen white light, something less than that in white light, white strobe, blue, green, red, and red SOS. They are the size of a small tac-light. The only thing is that sometimes the flashlight comes on in your pocket and you don't know about it. The thing shines out nearly forever on high. I love mine. If you really need a good beam, there is a Fenix one that looks like a regular flashlight but puts out over 800 Lumen. Yeah, the battery bill can get up there if you use them a lot.

That is exactly why I got away from those types of flashlights. Being able to just put my flashlight on a charger is the bomb! For close tot he same light I got a flashlight that is durable and rechargeable for almost the same price as your GM flashlight.Those camera batteries are expensive!!! I took a video last night. I wish cameras would show how awesome flashlights are! They just aren't capable of picking up all that light. I was outside in the back yard and shining it around. half the back yard was lit up, but you cant see it in the video, only the beam. frown

The durability of this flashlight is amazing too. I was showing a friend who is a mechanic as mechanics always need a good light to see in engines. I threw it to him and he missed it and it landed on concrete and he started apologizing for not catching it as I picked it up and dropped it from 6 feet up. Just put some cosmetic scratches in it.

Pure,

Thanks for the in-depth review. I'm in the market for a highend flashlight and this seems to fit the bill. I'm going to start looking for 1 so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I especially love the rechargeable battery.

i bought a streamlight stinger when they first came out with the led. i am an auto technician and i am not easy on my stuff. i have dropped it in a barrel of oil, coolant, and any other fluid you can think of. it has been dropped probably a hundred times. I have not had one issue with the light. would recommend it to anyone.