• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SE Mn. crappie report...

CrappieJohn

Here in the se we are beginning to see things turn around some. The core water temps have not dipped much after the cool weather over the last couple weeks and surface temps are not inching into that magic area. I was out this morning an d found some fish, still fairly scattered, but definitely more associated with spawning areas. The were deep yet, but catchable. Being scattered the bite was not "hot" or even consistant...just a fish every tem minutes or so. The shallowest fish came at four feet over 11 feet of water and the deepest (smallest too) was at eight feet over the same. Deeper water was very close by. I was not intending to keep any, but had three that were hooked ugly and would not stay upright in the tank, so I brought them home. While cleaning I took time to see what the gut had in it...minnows and bugs. Probably more minnow content than bug. The largest of these 3 was a 12 inch male fish, still light colored and tick thru the back. Ironically, the smallest fish was around 10 1/2-11 inches and was a female. The spawn has not gotten even close to being ripe yet. Today's snooping around has gottem me to thinking that the fun should begin within a week or ten days- barring a blizzard. Things are looking up!

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom

Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]

Tom I just want to thank you for getting me into some Culprit Crappie Plastics! We went out on the St. Louis River today and I put on a mini plastics clinic of my own. The Culprits outfished those with live bait 4-1 at least. Got to the point everyone wanted the Culprit plastics. The fish caught on Culprit were bigger on average as well.
Anyone who hasnt tried these yet should give them a whirl. Its nice when its cold not having to get your hands wet and cold digging for minnows!
Thanks again Tom!