• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chicago Sports Show 2012

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chicago Outdoor Sportsmen Show

Show Dates:

January 26 -29, 2012

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois

www.ChicagoSportsmenShow.com

Met Event Group is proud to announce the Chicago Outdoor Sportsmen Show, January 26-29, 2012 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont IL. This year's show will join an historic 33 + year tradition of great sports shows gracing the shores of Lake Michigan and providing the greater Chicagoland area a break from cabin fever.

The show team is proud to present dozens of fishing and hunting seminars, tons of new family-friendly attractions and hundreds of quality vendors and exhibitors preferred by the outdoor enthusiast. The Chicago Outdoor Sportsmen Show's goal is to deliver seminars, attractions and exhibits designed to speak to sportsmen and women of all ages with a focus on activities that the entire family can enjoy.

Attendees will have an opportunity to shop for amazing deals on fishing tackle, boats, archery, outfitters, wildlife art, hunting supplies, charters, rafting, gun safes and knives, taxidermy plus so much more. The countries and worlds most prestigious fishing and hunting lodges will be on hand to provide you with unique travel opportunities. Destinations and family fun attractions await you around every corner at the sports show. You never know what you will see.

About the Chicago Outdoor Sportsmen Show

The Chicago Outdoor Sportsmen Show is committed to creating an education platform that enhances the outdoor community. As this is our introductory year in Rosemont it will take us sometime to develop a well rounded program, but we are trusted source in the outdoor community and this is our pledge to Chicagoland to the produce a high quality event for many years to come.

The show will take place January 26 -29, 2012 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont Illinois. For more information and to register, please visit. www.ChicagoSportsmenShow.com.

Chicago Outdoor Sportsmen Show

January 26 -29, 2012

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

Rosemont, Illinois

www.ChicagoSportsmenShow.com

Show Hours:

Thursday 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Friday 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Saturday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Tickets:

Buy tickets online and save! Go to www.ChicagoSportsmenShow.com to purchase tickets. On line ticket purchases include a 1 year subscription to one of the following magazines (Field & Steam, Caribbean Travel & Life, Outdoor Life or Popular Science)

Online $10.00

At the Door $12.00 (does not include magazine subscription)

I'm so glad to hear that this historic show will continue. At one time this was about the largest sportshow in the U.S. And what a great show it was! Then the owner started allowing unrelated businesses to have booths. A bunch of cheap trinkets being sold and finally the sporting public lost interest and it started going downhill. I believe it was 3 years ago that 'ole Sugar bought the show. He tried to bring it back to its former glory. I was hired to do 2 seminars along with a bunch of speakers and it went pretty well. The next year he went all out, brought in all kinds of famous speakers. Winky, Lindners, and a whole host of big names that no doubt cost plenty. And lost his shorts on the deal. Word reached me that most of the speakers went unpaid and the owner left town, then the country! I'm so glad that someone picked up this great show and that it will continue. I believe I'll go myself!

Yeah it was 'THEE'show for awhile, we went every year wasnt it like 14 days if i remember right ?,i think alot more shows started to pop up they took a lot of umph out of it !now we just wait and go to the Minneapolis show way better than rosemont the last few years anyway , hope it comes back it was fun day for sure !