• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Pro Camera Review

Hey fellas, I don't know if anyone here has looked at them but I just had my first weekend in the field with my Go Pro camera. They film in 1080P and it's really amazing how good the video quality is for such a little camera. It was really easy to use and I just used the head mount that came with it.

The only negative is that there is no zoom so shots that are closer look much further away. The magic number on this seems to be about 40 yards. Here is some of the action with it from last weekend.

I'll post some where the birds were really tight and some where they were further off so you can see the difference.

Here's a couple close shots 35 yards and in

I was on a TV shoot with Pete Maina last June in the Arctic and his cameraman used a Go Pro for his underwater footage and I thought the image quality was amazing. Especially for that price. He carries some very high quality camera equiptment costing upwards of $20,000 per camera but told me that the Go Pro was the best unit for underwater filming he knew of. He shot some fantastic underwater pike footage with it.