• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sports Show 3lb Crappie on display

I went to the sports show on Tuesday night and was able to visit with a lot of interesting people. I was talking with the Griz for about 20 minutes, what a nice guy, a little scarry looking, but a nice guy. He started telling me about a crappie that was caught just before the show in the metro and they put it in the big tank. If I remember correctly it was 18.5 inches. He didn't want to disclose the lake but I don't care anyway. There are so many lakes that have fish like that swimming around. The crappie is a real beauty. Definately worth checking out while your there. smile.gif

Yep, I saw that one yesterday too, caught my eye from across the room smile.gif Very nice fish. It made the bass in the tank look small.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

A 3#'er in the metro. grin.gif Guess some people know what their talkin about. That's an awesome fish!

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

Wake up people,you darn well there is not a 3 Lb. white crappie in this state. Then a boat dealer happens to catch one just in time for the boat show? Wake the h___ up! That"s right the fish are not spawing in the southern states either(DUH).No comment from the D.N.R,they must have over looked it! That fishing program on sunday nights on KSTP 1500, the one that advertises for Frankie's didn't even know about it?????(Black Crappie_possible,WAKE UP, they might have knew about it, but sure stayed away from the story, at least their honest. Hope a three pound crappie does not win the Minnetonka crappie contest.

Hey jimmy you might want to check out state record fish.. 3lb 15oz. white crappie constance lake just north of buffalo,mn. in 2002. I believe coon lake has also produced some @ 3 lbs. So it is possible. But I also here what your saying.If it is a marketing tool it seems to be working. Note to self!!