• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund 1825 Pro Guide

scaup

Just looking for a little info from people that have spent some time in one of these boats. I like the layout, but I am really wondering how this boat performs with the 90 Merc EFI on the back? Also I am curious about the comand center for the electronics. It looks pretty slick, but I could see where it might be one more thing do deal with when on the water. It also seems pretty exposed to the elemts as well.

I am comparing the Lund to the Alumacraft Competitor 185T so any info on the Alumacraft would be appreciated.

My grand-dad always used to say the bigger the motor the better but I think he was talking about Buick's!! I have owned 2 new Trophy 175's, one with a 90 hp and the other with a 115 hp. The Trophy is a little smaller than what you are looking at but the motors were quick to plane the boat and would do about 36 mph with one person and a half tank of gas on a calm day. That's all I needed.

Mike

I have the next size smaller Pro Guide (1775) with a 75hp Optimax tiller. This is the 5th Lund/Merc I've owned and think it is by far the best. Had a good friend who had a Ranger with a 150 Merc and he fished muskies on LOTW every weekend for many years. He told me he went through $200.00 in gas every weekend. I took him fishing for a weekend and he said he was going to sell his Ranger and buy a boat like mine. We went through $30.00 in gas for the entire weekend. He loved the layout of my boat. Heck, that 75 gets better mileage than the 40 I traded off. I don't have power steering but I don't think I need it. The power trim takes care of that. I do wish I had the big tiller handle though.

Frankies in Chisago City, MN might have what you're looking for. Can't think of anyone in Iowa who might, but maybe Algona Marine. My Pro Guide is also my retirement present to myself. Enjoy your retirement, it's the best part of working I've found yet!

I just saw this boat for the first time on the Lund HSOforum. I fell in love with it. This will be my retirement boat for sure. I would like the 17'er and would really like to buy a used model. Anyone know where I would look?

What is difference between this and a provee 1775 tiller? May be more of the provees around>

It is really hard to find a used tiller especially in the 17 - 18 ft range. They are out there but like I said they seem to be hard to find. I used to have a 1775 Pro V tiller and other than the pro v's wide gunnel there does not seem to be any big difference. I do not know about auto bilge and timed livewells though. I loved my Pro V and often wished that I kept that boat.

I have a Crestliner 1850 Fish Hawk tiller with a 90hp Mercury Optimax. It runs about 36 with two people and gear. I have had it up to 39.9 by myself in cold weather with a lighter load of gear. Send me an email (bornofice at yahoo dot com) and I can answer more questions on what I like and what I dislike.