• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We have another training project...should be fun.

MuleShack

We pulled the trigger on another pup. Now I have 2 German short hairs and a lab.

It will be more training this fall and over the winter, but I like the challenge of training.

This little girl is from some good lines and at 12 weeks is quartering thru the 24" field grass, was sight pointing at 8 weeks and is already responding to basic obedience very well.

Here she is with her big brother.

full-17729-13563-390755_253456788040249_

full-17729-13564-breeze1.jpg

Well my little girl is 4 months old this week and thought it was time to get her out working some birds. I got some chuckar and put them out at the local hunt club. I had a few misfortunes, the bird launcher i bought wouldn't release remotely and I lost my 22 pistol after the 2nd bird some where in the grass. (I did find the pistol the next day).

I have 2 segments of video totaling roughly 12 minutes so grab some popcorn if your interested. The first bird I just wanted her to get birdy and get interested. 2nd bird was with the launcher and she wasn't sure about what to do yet.

After that she has 3 rock solid points and holds them steady. I cant flush the bird out, so naturally I think she is on a false point...So I try to release her. She reluctantly moves a little and I try to flush the bird again...nothing. Finally she noses in and shows me right where its at. Darn Chuckar's sitting so tight: ON the good side, it allowed her to hold point and get used to it, on the bad side, it would have been nice to have a flush ONCE in a WHILE. grin Moral to the story (that I forgot) is trust your dog!!

Oh I hope the song doesn't drive you nuts grin

This is the first part and consists of the first 2 birds.

Thanks,

That third bird was not even one of my releases. I got six and one escaped out of the crate on me and another one flew the coupe out of my bird bag. So I only released 4 birds that day. Lucky the dog performed well other wise it may have been considered a poor day with the other misfortunes.

Thanks,

Was out and worked with the intro to gun today with her and it went well.

Now its getting time in the field with the other two and hopefully find some birds.

Retrieving may be a project. She marked the downed birds today and went over to it and picked it up a few times but didn't want to hold it and bring it back.