• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Camp Ripley thread

DHost21

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im saying that I personally dont agree with it. You called ITNW "selfish" for not giving his tag when (in a hypothetical situation) someone in the hunting party had the opportunity and shot a 2nd 150. Then you said "Guys, its a 150 in MN" as if its justified by the fact that (2) 150's is such a rarity. And IM saying that 150's or "bigger" bucks wouldn't be such a rarity IF PEOPLE DIDNT HAVE TO SHOOT ALL OF THEM. Whether its 2 150 inch deer, or 2 80 inch deer, the impact is the same. the more you kill, the less that will live, simple. Pass on the 2nd 150 and you just killed ONE AND earned yourself a chance at 170 next year!

Wright or wrong, legal or not legal, correct or incorrect?, Party hunting is hard on bucks, and negatively impacts the age strucure. And although it may provide the "opportunity" for Joe Blo to shoot 2 bucks legally, dont be fooled, it took THAT opportunity from another hunter to get ONE buck AND it took the opportunity for that buck to grow for another year!

In my opinion, its bad. Thats it.

Very good post!!

I am wondering, for all of our's sake, if party hunting is used that much on adult, male deer. If there was some way to measure this, by DNR standards, how many people take a second buck, of any size, for their party. Interesting, I do agree with letting the bucks pass on your second deer. I am sure the DNR feels, and research may show more than likely, that party hunting is effective in controlling the herd, just not growing larger bucks.