• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rivers going well

harvey lee

I have been targeting my eyes on smaller river with a jig and minnow and the eyes have been very active this past week. 3ft of water and some rocks and it's eyes on.

Hey Tom...can you help me on where to get started around the Kato, St. Peter or LeSueur area...from shore. Taking my son out tomorrow and it would be great if we could get a few. I've never fished the river...just would appreciate a direction or two.

I posted this in the Iowa forum, but thought you may relate to it!

I wanted to cry yesturday morning!!!

Went to Nasuha again.( cold and windy, BUT!!!) Was the ONLY person there. Caught a small northern, and a small walleye. Then thought i had snagged a chunk of wood,( heavy, not much, if any fight!) but felt like it was trying to pull back. Got it to the surface. A huge walleye!( judging from the ones we caught fishing erie this summer, i'm guess 8#+) It couldn't fight; only wallow.Got it in. Trying to decide whether to mount it ooooooooor? Decided to turn it loose, but wanted a picture. Dig my "new" cell ph. out of my pocket. Turn on the camera. Can't see a thing on the screen.( to dark!) Ok! Camera has flash. WRONG!!!!! This one DON'T !! Turned fish loose. Then remember i have l.e.d. headlight on my fore head!!!! WENT HOME!!

LOL. Well good to hear you caught one anyways. smile

I've done the same thing, actually. Caught a nice muskie one night casting for walleyes from shore in the fall. Wanted a picture because, well, no one would believe me if I didn't have any proof. Sure enough, no flash on the camera, and I forgot about the headlamp right on my forehead. Doh!