• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappies and walleyes...together!!!

Matt Johnson

I spent four hours out there today and walked around for a bit punching holes before I found the area I wanted to hit. I marked fish in a lot of holes, but those fish were small. I found a spot where the breakline held at a constant depth creating a small flat that eventually ran into a hump. And there were the fish, piled up on the deep side of the hump once the sun began to drop. Both walleyes and crappies. I pulled up 9 walleyes and 11 crappies from that area. The walleyes were all small but still fun to catch, the biggest was maybe 17 or so inches and most of them were like 13 inches or smaller. The crappies were pretty nice though, 9-11 inchers and one that went 15 inches and was suspended a lot higher then the rest. I brought along the digital camera and took a pic of the crappie...

fa474c11.jpg

All of the fish were caught on a 1/8 oz Glow Devils packed with maggots. I would fish for walleyes on the bottom and once a mark would show up higher I would raise my spoon and just about everytime that fish would hit and would be a crappie.

All the fish went back in the lake.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

I finished college a few weeks ago and now I install industrial shelving with nights and weekends off, but I don't have work until Jan 8. I'm also doing a little bit of guiding when I have time. Leaves a lot of time for fishing smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 12-18-2003).]

Matt how do you get into guiding. It is something that i would like to do after high school. I am a junior in high school and go fishing every day. In the summer im also in a bass tournament trail. I spend all my spare time on the lake. Drop me a email and maybe i can learn a few things from you. [email protected]

FI

FI Guide,
I am assuming FI stands for Farm Island?? I started guiding in Aitkin actually for a measly $50 a day while working at Ruttger's teaching golf lessons. Then I moved to Bemidji and was noticed and turned Pro-Staff for a local tackle company, and things rolled from there. Matt Johnson was lucky and was found by someone who has a guide service, and saw how great of a fisherman he was, just wish I would have been the one who found him.... Anyway, I'll be in Aitkin later in the month, and if I'm right about the FI thing, we can meet up and fish for a day.

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]

Matt Johnson: Thanks for the email guiding is something that i really would like to do after high school. I will shoot you another email tonight.

Matt Breuer: You are right about the FI thing. So you worked at ruttgers thats where my friend and i were trying to get a job over the summer before football kicks back up. Im going up to Farm Island on saturday and staying until tuesday. If your going to be up there drop me a email. Another thing you won the Junior PGA nice job i also play high school golf for Eastvie high school. My email is [email protected]

FI aka Dan