• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smooth Moves Boat Seats

Covey

As said before, worth it if you run rough water. I got a good deal on a never used, couple year old one and splurged and got a new one, along with the set-back plates and spide-slides and pedestals. Both guys, Kevin and Chad are very customer service oriented. They didn't install the seats / suspensions, but I did bring my boat down there and they laid things out to see if I would need a set-back and what size peds would work best for me. They know what fits most boats, so you may not need to bring yours down, but it's time well spend if you do decide to get them. Great product and great CS. good luck.

ps- they do "eat up" a bit of room in the console area (behind the seats). That was my only worry. Not so much that it's annoying, but noticable if you spend alot of time in back. Just a head's up if space is an isue.

Interesting product. I'd not seen it before. Price/performance, how do they compare to an air ride pedestal?

My current boat came with air ride pedestals and they are awesome for me in big water. I have serious back issues and have to sit leaning forward to absorb the waves. I can't take them sitting straight up.

The air rides have mostly removed the issue.

No comparison, IMO and experience. Air ride pedestals are okay, but the few I've had have failed in less than a full season (seals leak). They feel good when you sit down on them initially, but they don't take the abuse of running big water like springs, IMO.

Smooth Moves is the way to go with their new Ultra seat the entire suspension sits under the seat. No knee knocking.
Interesting someone posted from GR. There is a company that was making a shockmaster seat post and I was about to buy one if they would have ever returned my calls or emails.