• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are ya' finding?

Hello to all the enthusiastic Crappie folk.

What kind of patterns/bites have you been experiencing in your recent pursuits of the slabs?

This weekend I found a decent evening bite in 8-15 feet of water, suspended. Even picked up some nice Gills in the mix of Crappies. smile.gif

Anyone finding deep water fish (20 feet or more) yet?

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Hey UJ... I found salmon! Plural. And lake trout. And walleye. All on spinners and all while standing in one spot. Had a riot at the cabin. Lots of bear in the yard as well. Had one in the 450 pound range that was about as tame as lassie. Actually he was too fat to get up. I'm back, no craps or sunnies, but did get the others in numbers and had fun doing it. Shoot me a mail.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

I did find some small fish hugging the bottom in 20-22 feet last week.
It seems that they were feeding on some sort of micro planton mid day.
Different lake two evenings later the crappies were in 5-8 feet of water chasing small minnows.
Hard to figure.

------------------
Bob/MN

Scott...What kind of surface temps are you finding now? Water temps down here in the SE area are very high. I just walked down to the river behind our house and did a temp check in a shady are and found 81!!!! at four feet. And this was taken with a very accurate thermo. Lake Superior at Two Harbors had 68 degrees on the surface on Saturday morning.

------------------
[email protected]

The warm water problem appears to be state-wide and not just here in the SE. This weather is getting old as far as I am concerned. It's miserable just sitting outside, but I have to work in it. I guess there is a pretty good chance of things getting wet and a bit cooler this week. Thank God!

------------------
[email protected]