• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid/funny things heard around a campfire.

thorski

I did some searching through the HSOforum and could not find the original "stupid things said around a campfire" posting to add this too so I started my own.

Me and two buddies, who shall remain nameless, were at fishcamp last week. After a great day of fishing we had supper then decided to sit around the campfire and relax with a few (more) brews. The stars in the sky were brilliant as we sat picking out different constellations.

The following conversation took place very late and after way too many brews:

Me: "Hey look, there's the planet Mercury!"

Buddy #1: "Now....how in the hell did you know that was Mercury!"

Buddy #2: "Well duh! Cuz there's Johnson and Evinrude right next to it!"

Maybe this was one of those "had to be there" moments, but it was funny as hell when it was said and we about passout from laughing so hard. Definitely one of those moments me and my buddies will remember for a long time.

Just had to share it.

Oh Man, Haven't had a good smartfire for awhile.

Mike: "What if you looked out into the woods right now and seen eyes looking back at you. Would you want them to be red eyes or green eyes?"

The rest of us: (looking into the woods) silence.

15minute Campfire Jam of the bluegrass classic "Working on a Building" which goes "if i was a preacher.. i tell you what i would do.. i'd quit my preaching and i'd work on building you.. im working on a building.. im working on a building.. im working on a building for my lord.. for my lord"... and each opening line changes to something else like "If I was a banker.. yadda yadda" The banjo player stands up and goes "If I was a rapper.. I tell you what I would do.. I'd pull my pants right on up and I'd start working too" "working on a building for my lord for my lord".. everyone around the fire busts out laughing.. It was a great improv line