• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

franchi shotgun

Ok, this was suppose to be about the franchi but now its turned into a berretta thread. smile. Finally went to shoot trap today at the range. The gun was so awesome. I just don't know how to express it. I'm a happy shooter. I hit 10 out of 25. Lol. Not bad for a newbie. Looking forward to shooting again next weekend. I think im hooked on trap shooting. The people there were so helpful to a first timer. They found someone to help me and told me the difference between trap and skeet and club rules. A+ service.

I could't feel any pain during and after shooting. Unlike my mossberg 20, i would be in pain after shooting 25 rounds. The only pain i got was being afraid of shooting trap for the first time and how disappointed i was going to be if i missed every single one. My muscle was tensed up, so thats the only reason why my arms hurt. Lol. More practice and i'll be good, looking forward to more shooting with my new gun.

Thats great to hear. I absolutely love berettas, their gas operation system is extremely reliable. It also does a lot to tame recoil. I'm really glad you like your gun. I think they are worth every penny. I'm not knocking other guns, but Berettas always felt the best to me and it is probably not a coincidence that they are the ones I shoot the best.

Glad you got some help at the range. 10/25 is not bad for the first time out. your scores will improve as you become more familiar with your gun and keep practicing.

Perhaps it's time to change title of this thread...it is no longer about Franchi. I really hate to see a grand old name more or less relegated to bottom of the barrel status. If you can find a Franchi fromm 25-35 years ago you will see a first class semi-auto shotgun. They used to make a little 20-gauge that was abouta as beautiful a gun as you'll ever see with gorgeous deep blue metal, perfect wood and light as a feather.

If I needed a little 20 I would not hesitate for a minute to buy one.....IF I could find one. Ha!

The new ones, since the company has been gobbled up, appear to be purposely "dressed down" and I understand why.

Carry on. Have fun. Shoot more........but not at ME!

This old thread I see, but regarding the Franci 20, a 620 specifically, they are nice little gun for shooting, but have one issue that seems to carry over to a few models - the operating handle is known to fly off by itself. Happened to my brothers when he first got it, and just flew off in duck slough whne my Grandson was using it. $40 replacement cost.

So for anybody who gets one, be careful and feel for the handle often, to make sure it is still there. Nice shooting gun, though I don't care for the Bennelli magazine shell insert system. My old Browning Gold is much easier, quicker and simpler to use, IMHO. I hate that little Bennelli button on the bottom smile

Brought the Franchi 612 I won at a DU banquet out in the duck blind last fall the first time. Its my back-up gun and has had less than a box of shells fired through it. After firing a couple shots through it I went to unload it to chase a cripple in the boat. Looked down and I had no bolt handle. Just like BoxMN said. I ended up getting the bolt open using the brass from a shotgun shell. The gun worked great until I had to unload it.