• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A City hunt!!

tracker x-2

Tracker,

congrats on getting selected. I hunt small city parcels but not through city controlled drawings. When hunting within city limits I find that the deer can be very predictable such as food source maybe some neighborhood feeders, shelter behind houses sometimes very close to garages and homes. Don't over look the obvious half acre sliver of woods they too can hhold deer.

From my experiences mornings are the most difficult time to hunt because you usually bump the deer going in and evenings early afternoons are the best times to hunt.

Good Luck,

mr

get written permission form nearby property owners allowing you to access their property to retrieve your deer prior to making the shot. While participating in this hunt, a friend of mine shot a deer, and when he went to retrive it from a neighboring property (which the owner had previously given verbal permission)the owner called him in to the dnr, retracted his permission, and they all spent some time in court getting things figured out. There are more than enough people nearby that are not fond of this hunt. There seems to be resistance form some folks every year. Stands get stolen, one year I believe there were fires set near some stand locations. Too much drama for me, lol