• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remington Versa-Max Shotgun

I have researched them a great deal as I was in the market for a new auto until this past Monday. All the written reports on the VersaMax were very good. I did not buy one because they are pretty new. I ended up buying a Browning Maxus 3.5 in Duck Blind camo. Tough choice between all the "B" guns. Would have bought a Benelli M2 is they came in 3.5 inch. I couldn't swallow the look of the Benelli Super Vinci. Also liked the SBE but fell in love with the Maxus.

Hopefully I made the right decision.

Shot a handful of different autos last spring. I was really liking the versa max til I actually got to hold one and shoot it. Just wasn't to my liking. Ended up buying a Browning Maxus. Absolutly love this shotgun. As far as the SX3 hold one side by side with a Maxus, they are VERY similar and if memory serves me correct made in the same facility.

There are no Versa Max recalls out right now. That was a minor issue with the first few guns out there that was taken care of before the majority hit the market.

While I don't like the feel of the forearm that much I will be getting one just because I can(the price is to good to pass up).

Of the Versa Max we've sold the guys say it's far and away the best gun they've owned. One customer went so far as to trade off his SBEII and now uses his Maxus as a backup gun.

Online reviews by guys that have actually shot the gun have been nothing but positive. There is a very good thread on Shotgun World in the Remington forum.