• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does the magazine on an 870 unscrew out?

My old 870 fell and put a nice kink in the magazine. The second shell in the magazine gets stuck now so now my 5 shot gun is a single shot. I am wondering if I stick a pipe wrench on the tube if it unscrews or if its pressed in there.

they are silver brazed in before the final finish is done on the gun. your best bet is to run jags or ever increasing tapered rods in there until you drive the dent out, or bring it to a gunsmith with a dent removal tool. They can be replaced, but a refinish will be required due to the temps involved.

I had a small dent in the tube of mine and I took a shot/empty 12ga shell and took the gun apart taking the spring out and the internals of the magazine out and pushing the spent 12 ga shell thru with a wood dowel that fit inside the shell from the barrel end and got most all of it out. Just my 2c