• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys,

I just moved to Sioux Falls at the begging of summer. I wanted to get out of town and head up north to do some shore fishing and camping. Any areas I should take a look at? It would be nice to be able to fish nearby the campsite. Thanks!

Are you looking for a full-service campsite? Or a primitive type site?

Roy Lake has a couple nice campsites, a private resort and the State Park. Lots of nice State Park campsites. Pickerel Lake has a nice one, and Hartford Beach State Park on Big Stone Lake is another nice facility. Those would be the top suggestions off the top of my head. You can try this HSOforum to help you out:

http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/find-a-park/default.aspx

I have never been up that way, and was looking to see if anyone knew of a decent spot away from the crowds. It seems to me that on the SD game-fish-parks HSOforum the campsites listed are usually limited to state parks, community campgrounds, etc...Just looking to get away from it all and catch a fish or two really.

Thanks for the response and link!