• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Repair Old Prop or Buy New?

SkunkedAgain

I've got a 1963 5.5hp Johnson Seahorse. Great little motor that I use on my 12 footer. The prop has been chewed up pretty bad ever since I bought the motor back in 2003. It looks difficult to find the OEM 8 x 7 1/4 two-blade prop online, but the few places list it around $70. Would it be better to get the existing prop fixed, buy new, or just leave it. No matter what, this motor will never win a speed race but I guess I've wondered how much speed I'm lacking due to all of the rock dings in the prop.

I would bring it in and ask how much it will cost and well it can be fixed. Then make a decision.

I know they take them at boat motor recylers in burnsville and have a good collection of used props on the wall. maybe not for a 63 though.