• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Price check......aisle 16

MNice

Opinions please, looking at a 2000 16 lund rebel ss, 40 horse merc 4 stroke. I did the blue book stuff, but I trust the opinions here more than most places. He is asking $4300 and looks clean in the photo's he sent. Don't know about troller or depth finder. Its just the rebel, not the 1625, so no IPS hull, just the plain old semi V flat bottom lund hull.

Thanks, Jeff

I bought the 1998 (or 99?) side-console version of that boat new with Yama 40/4stroke, trailer and few accessories for about $7k . I sold it about 6 years ago for about $5,500. (And had added a few more accessories.) It was in excellent shape when I sold it. Based on that, I would say $4300 is close but perhaps a bit high depending on up-close inspection, test of motor and any accessories. As my dad always told me, you can always make an offer. They can always say "no" or - more likely - make a counteroffer. Mine was a very nice rig. Hope it works out for you!

With today's market I would not be afraid to ask $3500 and see if they counter offer. The price sounds close but may be a little high depending on condition and extras.

I agree.. between today's market and the time of the year (1/2 the open water season gone).

marine_man

So.. I test drove this, and it idled great, ran great on top end, but everything in between was rough and it killed about 4 or 5 times. Needless to say I passed, it just didn't feel right. Maybe it just needed a good tune up,or something minor, he even offered a grand off without me even asking, so that tells me something ain't right.

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.