• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Millie Lacs perch choked eyes

Im thinking of taking a fishing trip up to millie lacs and i was wondering if it is worth it. For the past 2 years ive heard its a total bust because the eyes are gourging themselves on eyes. Do any of you think it is worth it and if you dont when do you think it will be good again

---------------------------------------------

Live well.laugh often.fish more

I think anytime you can get out on Lake Mille Lacs and do some fishing is worth it.

Just cause the eyes aren't going strong doesn't mean you aren't going to catch a fish. Smallmouth action I hear has been good and it is one of the top, if not, the top muskie lake in the country.

Check out the Hot Bite Video of Mille Lacs Smallie & Crappie Bite. The size of some of them smallies blows my mind. Amazing.

Sorry I didn't really answer your question, I'd say give it a shot. Worst that can happen is you don't catch any fish and you might get a sunburn.

If the wind is blowing check the shallow wind blown structure. After dark has been the most consistent bite all summer long. This weekend is full moon. With the water cooling down the night bite could be quite good.

Borch