• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moorhead Hockey Press Conference?

solbes

I think the direction and steps Moorehead is taking is fine, but "calling a press conference was over the top."

I do not see why having a press conference is over the top? Are they supposed to keep it secret and only talk to the rich folks who have money or do you do what they did and start building some excitement in the area and having everyone know what's going on!! Maybe a bunch of little guys will step up to the plate and help out.

I think the direction and steps Moorehead is taking is fine, but calling a press conference was over the top.

I disagree. Now was the perfect time. They came out of the gate kind of strong when they first announced their intention to pursue D1 hockey, but had kind of faded into the background. What was the statement from the press conference? Something about opportunity coming out of chaos? With the turnover going on in college hockey right now, it seems more plausible now that Moorhead could find their way into a major conference (WCHA, CCHA) than it did when they first announced.

Perfect time to re-ignite the flame and try to regain some momentum.

]I don't want to start rumors, but who's gonna be the coach.

I really hope it isn't carey eades, I am up at my cabin in dl 30 minutes away and I already heard his name. I don't think I could like the msu team with him there.

John hill

Dean blais, maybe he wants to come back to town.

Rohlik

It will be fun to keep an eye on this.

Steve Johnson would be nice fit when Moorehead finally goes D1. Former UND player, Grand Forks native, coach in the USHL at Omamha, Fargo and now assistant at SCSU.

Adding more teams waters down a niche sport decreasing the the chances of non-fan appeal. Hence the referrance to the pail of water. Dunwoody has just a good of a chance of being consistently competitive at the D1 level as any of the teams mentioned above

I couldn't tell if your just having fun or being serious. Bryce would you rather see NDSU go D1 than Moorehead St? What colleges would you like to see get a hockey program?

Great news if they add. I would like to St Thomas also go D1,this would give the WCHA a Twin Cities team and would help keep the WCHA in local media. St Thomas has the money and probably could build a rink on campus.

St Thomas doesn't have the room for a rink on campus, especially after they spent several hundred million dollars on the new Anderson Athletic Center and the new student center, both going up in the last year. What it comes down to is there just is no room on campus for a rink. There would also have to be some pretty hefty donations from some alum to cover the funding of the rink, because I doubt the school wants to throw down any more money on sports facilities after how much they just spent on the Anderson center. Didn't St Thomas contribute money towards the rink they are playing in now? They are currently sharing a rink with St Thomas Academy in Mendota Heights and that rink was built in 2003.