• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Walleyes Day and Night tactics

fishingdad

I have a question for this upcoming week and the full moon. I have always done pretty good at night this time of year trolling cranks with the full moon. But what if any effect does this have on the walleyes during the day? I am going to be at ottertail the end of the week and was wondering if it is too early to try and use a large jig and larger minnow on the very steep breaks because I can"t buy a bite during the day trolling raps on the flats.I have never really spent alot of time in the fall searching for the fish during the day. Just curious Thanks

I fished Ottertail last Saturday. We hit the water about 9:00 AM (should have been out by 8:00) and the fishing was hot until 11:30. We fished the NW bay of the lake, mid-lake hump with a deep water and hole that dropped to 50 feet.

The fish were hitting hard, fished a lindy w/7" snell, yellow hook. Shinner minnows or redtails were the ticket. Some fish were on the bottom, others were up on the break 22-35 feet.

We took 9 walleyes between 15" and 20", sorted through many fish to take our nine. When you marked schools of baitfish, you prepaired to get smacked.

I believe the baitfish moved off, and the fishing slowed down. We couldn't re-locate the school after 12:00 PM.

Good luck this weekend.

I fished Ottertail last Saturday. We hit the water about 9:00 AM (should have been out by 8:00) and the fishing was hot until 11:30. We fished the NW bay of the lake, mid-lake hump with a deep water and hole that dropped to 50 feet.

The fish were hitting hard, fished a lindy w/7" snell, yellow hook. Shinner minnows or redtails were the ticket. Some fish were on the bottom, others were up on the break 22-35 feet.

We took 9 walleyes between 15" and 20", sorted through many fish to take our nine. When you marked schools of baitfish, you prepaired to get smacked.

I believe the baitfish moved off, and the fishing slowed down. We couldn't re-locate the school after 12:00 PM.

Good luck this weekend.

Good luck this weekend.