• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you target shallow eyes??

Since fall is here and im geared and ready to catch some monster eyes. What ways do you like to target shallow eyes?

I have thought about casting crank baits up shallow. And also what kind of cranks should i use or what works best?

------------------
Fish ON!

I second the planer boards and crankbaits. I spent the first 3 weeks of the season catching them 20' behind the boards with floating baits in 5-8 feet of water. It's probably my most productive method of fishing - after dark anyway.

------------------
Wables

Jigs and minnows are tough to beat this time of year. If you have wind, I'll go agains't any other technique shallow. If on a hump, drift accross fan casting. If working a break line, drift, back troll, or use a combination drift/trolling motor backtroll to slow down and go along the break pitching up into the shallows.