• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knife Lake

Has anyone ever fished Knife Lake near the Hinkley, Mora? Is there a good walleye population and what is the size of the avg. walleye. PIKE? all info on this lake would be great.

I USED TO FISH IT QUITE ALOT. IT HAS SOME NICE WALLEYES & PIKE. THERE ARE 2 ACCESS ON THE LAKE ONE OFF OF HWY 65 & OTHER OFF HWY 19. IBELIVE ABOUT 12-15 YEARS AGO THE LAKE WAS OVER RUN WITH CARP & BULLHEADS, THEY POISONED IT AND RESTOCKED THE LAKE. I'VE SEEN SOME NICE WALLEYES COME OUT OF THERE 28-29 INCHERS. THERE IS A 18-24 SLOT LIMIT ON THE LAKE FOR WALLEYES(THEY HAVE TO GO BACK IN)

GOODLUCK

I have fished Knife Lake consistantly for the past 5 years. Every year the fishing has gotten worse. I went out just this last weekend and caught abosultely nothing! Two weekends ago I got a small 'eye, and huge crappie (13.5"), and a small perch. I definently think that it something with the fishing pressure... I used to get on the lake no problem, now you better get up pretty dang early or forget it. Its actually disappointing for a guy thats had so much past success on a lake. Enough of my complaining, to answer your question, most walleyes are very small but there are still some big pike swimming around...

Used to fish quite abit in the winter. As Moses says, it seems to get worse every year, but most eye's come off Jeneky's (?) point, indian mounds or Pine Island (Just off the C.O. 19 access) Deepest spot I have ever found is 13'. Very, Very murky water.