• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archives?

I was recently sorting through my email and had a few things from years past that I had sent myself and after I would click the link to the post(s) they said that they were archived in the bottom right corner. Some of these were from as far back as 2003. I have noticed that I cannot access any of the posts from any of the threads that were posted from the beginning of the site until 2008/2009. My main question is, how do you view older posts not sent through email. Also, the search function does not work for these older posts (only can see posts from 2008/2009 to the present).

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Use the open search box to the right to access archived posts. I use my browser to send emails. File> "Send Link" in Firefox.

Click on "Advanced", just below the Search box and then you can select which Forum(s) to search in. If multiple Forums are needed for your search, hold down the CTRL key while clicking on each Forum. You can also enter other search criteria as well.

Click on "Advanced", just below the Search box and then you can select which Forum(s) to search in. If multiple Forums are needed for your search, hold down the CTRL key while clicking on each Forum. You can also enter other search criteria as well.

This is how I used to do it, but it only goes back until 2009 or so now. For example, I went to the Mille Lacs Forum and types in "walleye" for posts older than 4 years, and it does not work for me, only to say that I need a broader range of search criteria.

I've noticed the same thing in some places too... Duluth forum only goes back 6 pages.. Equipment/Expert info forum only 11 pages.. Heck, even the Ice Fishing forum only goes back 6 pages and that is the most popular forum on this entire site. It really is too bad if all the info is lost after those pages... Lots of good threads from a few years ago that can't be found.