• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My new pup

mrfish1991

After we had to put our family dog down last sept., my parents let me pick out our next dog. She is a british lab and her name is Tula. Right now shes 9 weeks old (photos were taken at about 6wks). Shes a great dog so far...limited accidents in the house, loves to play, loves to cuddle, and appears to be very smart. Right now we are working on "sit" and "give". She loves to chase the cat and play with her multitude of toys.

P1040720.jpg

P1040710.jpg

P1040719.jpg

P1040701.jpg

We lost our family dog of 14 years in September too. Still hard to think about her at times as she is missed very much by us.

Congrats on your new puppy. Sounds like your in about the same boat I am with the new dog. Boyd is our puppy's name and he is doing very good so far. We have been having a few peeing accidents in the house but no #2's in the house. He takes that out into the woods as we have trained him not to do it in the yard.

Carefull with that playing with the cat stuff. Forsure if your cat has no front claws like ours. Boyd has been getting a little rough with him and we are now clamping down on that. Good luck with your pupp and thanks for sharing. I bet you will come to love her as much as your other dog that passed away. I am getting to the point were the guilt is gone now. Lol Boyd is a treat to have around.

Our cat is declawed. Tula just goes up and noses her and chases her sometimes, but never clamps down. The cat keeps coming back and usually holds her ground so we arn't too worried about that.

Lol, Give it time I thought the same thing. Our pup is a lab too and as he gets bigger he is getting more aggresive with the cat. Maybe I should have clamped down on him earlier but I am sure he will come around to understand the cat is off limits.

After our first family dog was put down at just shy of 14 years, we were without one for almost 4 years. Then we got a female Britsh Lab. Tikka will be 2 in July and did awesome last fall duck hunting. I need to get her out pheasant hunting more this fall. She has been a joy to the whole family. Enjoy.