• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Trim and Tilt

Tator2k

Where's the best place to look for a complete trim and tilt setup?

My dad is looking to add a setup to his mid 80s 35hp Johnson.

A dealer up north quoted him over $600 for a new setup.

I've already checked the big online sites. Looking more for a local shop that may have one.

Tim's Outboard in Hackensack is another option.

It'll be tough to find a new kit to add Trim and Tilt.. you're most likely looking at something used.

I don't think the price the dealer quoted you was too far out of line depending if it was new or used... they weren't a cheap system and they weren't quick to install.

marine_man

I don't think the '80s 35hp had tilt & trim from factory. You will have to find an aftermarket.

One of the best is the CMC plate, it comes in 2 sizes, up to 35hp (lucky you), and up to 130hp.

They are very simple to install using your existing holes and bolts.

Panther also makes a similar unit. A couple of years back prices were in the $ 200 to $ 400 new, a little less used, but they are very tough to find pre-owned.

Try the online auction site, there might be some for sale there, beware of saltwater areas, they will have large corrosion issue, stay with units from a freshwater location.

Correction, I just looked up Cabelas site, the PT 35 is around $ 500, not a cheap unit.

We had the same problem as you a few years ago, and wanted to add tilt to a 50 Horse. We ended up buying a hydraulic unit that installed without removal of the motor, just bolted on to the transom. It worked very well- pump the lever a few times to raise, open the breather to lower. It was installed for under $200 (probably way less, but don't have the number in front of me). It would work excellent on a 35 horse on an aluminum boat and be much cheaper than electric.

I have exactly what you're looking for on a boat package I'm getting rid of since a cylinder went out on the motor. I think I have the boat and trailer sold so the tilt/trim system will sell cheap.

Respond here if interested and I'll get you contact info.