• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headin up to moose lake aug 20 and will be bringing my boat to fish every day. We are staying at the Virgin Timber Resort. My question is: I would love to get my family on some walleyes or panfish. what baits do you use for each and what areas do you like to target in August? shallows,humps, etc... Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Cody

I have been going up there at that time 27 years but the water temp and color on that lake tells ya where to fish you can hit the crappies in rocks cribs wood and same with the wallys last year water was really dark had to fish shallow but the year before deep. always done well up there though might want to throw 4 musky 2 easyest lake to catch them i ever been on wife had a 36 snd a 41 on beatle spin last year. For a nice day trip hit big chip for panfish and northerns. Most tend to be small though biger crappies in moose from what i seen not as active but nicer fish 13 14 inch some years been going to hayward for 27 years stayed on moose five years now my fav lake good luck maybe will se ya at the bar and grill somenight charlies food really good to

awesome call on Virgin timber Resort. My friend from high school's parents own it. we spent some time out there. the lake is really stained from where the rivers originate. make sure you use bright colors. i never fished it that late in the year, but the fish should still respond to the brighter colors. we always popped a lead head with a fat head for the walleyes. haven't been out there in years i need to call joe and do some fishin.

Use a 1/16th oz chartruese jig with a fathead under abobber in the stump filed right across the lake from your resort. Evenings are the best, just drift slowly or if windy try and anchor. Bring lots of jigs....you will lose many. Nice crappies and lots of smaller walleye, take the eyes altho small they eat well.

The stump fields down by Louies are good also.