• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homeowners Insurance

10,000 Casts

Just a few thoughts after reading the other HO insurance post.

1. Not all insurance companies are created equal..

2. Every company has more than 1 HO policy meaning that you may have a policy with less coverage, some people have fire only and some have policies where everything except water seapage is covered.. If you want to know what you have, ask your agent for a brochure and ask if your home qualifies for a better policy..

3. As far as Water seapage goes, with my company, if something broke to cause it, i.e. a vent or washing machine, it will be covered.. Ice Dams are covered if your policy says that it's covered. It is covered on most polices..

4. If you are on city water and sewer or you have a lift station, you should have sewer backup coverage. If you don't have it, then get it.. Otherwise, it is a case by case basis..

5. Your policy is only as good as your agent.. You should review your policy with your agent every couple of years.. imo, if they aren't contacting you for a review at least every 2 years, they aren't doing thier job. The insurance industry is changing and premiums seem to be going up industry wide..

Roofs- If you put on a new roof and it has an impact resistant warranty, just about all companies have a discount. It depends on whether it is type, 1, 2, 3 or 4 I believe on how much the discount will be...

Electrical system - most companies have a discount that falls off a little every year until the system is 10 yrs old. The company I represent is a 38% discount..