• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MacNaughton Cup

Bryce

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frattin had a big game 4pts. Hopefully MacWilliams doesn't have a serious injury. Didn't play after the first period. I would like to see Eideness play tomorrow. Play the reserve keep everybody healthy. Go Sioux

Heck of a Minnesota/BSU game right now. Tied up with 20 seconds left.

You could say 7 years or 4 years if you study the history of the league. 4 years makes my point look better so that's what I'm going with. Might as well look it up to see why two numbers if you're going to go up against compassionate Sioux and rodent fans on this site. My prediction is that the beavers will be lucky to host a WCHA tourney game in either of those time periods.

Disclaimer/admission. Very limited viewing them play but I have read some. The beavers have a top line that can compete with any in the league/nation. Sometimes that can be enough come tournament time. Especially if the tender gets on a streak. Pretty much what they did making it to the frozen four except then they had an inflated record due to weak schedule.

I would take NOTHING away from what the Beavers did 2 years ago. Of course we all know they were a perennial favorite to win the CHA most years and get the auto NCAA bid.

They were the first team ever to make it to the Frozen Four outside of hockeys top 4 conferences. And the first #16 seed to ever make the F4. It's tough to compete on the big stage when you don't get the opportunity to play those teams every weekend. They do now, and I forsee further success in their future.

As to the Sioux, Congrats. Impressive year for them from start to finish. Beat B.C. in the NCAA's and then you have something to really celebrate.

I would take NOTHING away from what the Beavers did 2 years ago. Of course we all know they were a perennial favorite to win the CHA most years and get the auto NCAA bid.

They were the first team ever to make it to the Frozen Four outside of hockeys top 4 conferences. And the first #16 seed to ever make the F4. It's tough to compete on the big stage when you don't get the opportunity to play those teams every weekend. They do now, and I forsee further success in their future.

As to the Sioux, Congrats. Impressive year for them from start to finish. Beat B.C. in the NCAA's and then you have something to really celebrate.

Solbes, I agree with you 100% (and that coming from a Sioux fan).

The MacNaughton cup is just one piece of the puzzle this year.

I like Bryce's name for the Beavers "dunewoody" grin.

I'm usually pulling for BSU when there not playing UND. I don't know if there will ever be more than a Mankato in this league IMO. Sorry Mankato fans.

What can I say I'm a early riser. Dog gets me up every morning 5 or 5:30. Paper doesn't show up till 7:30 by then its old news to me.

Your in for the wager good. BC lost a player for the year it looks. Chris Kreider broke his jaw.

Scum Frog your dislike for the Sioux is as pleasant as the sounds of the lakes ice melting. That is about as poetic as I get, and I love that sound.

Brooks, I dont see you and scum frog sharing any time out in the boat this spring.

Dont muskies eat Scum Frogs....sometimes.

I liked you better when I though you hated the Sioux. Dang, its just me and Bear again. Stinking Sioux. Scum Frog you bass fish up in Bemidji with a name like Scum Frog. Seems like muskies get all the attention up there but I have hammered some big buckets up there.

I have my doubts about Kisto but he was present at the game in Houghton. Chay played Saturday. He was one who a Mich Tech player took a run at.

The two injuries to look at is Carter Rowney and Andre MacWilliams. Mac only played the first period on Friday not sure what happen to him.

Scum frogs are old school now? Guess I'm getting old. Although not the most productive, it's one of my favorite ways to catch bass. Love those top water explosions. Just wish I could hook em at a better rate than 40% or so.

Back to hockey again. Go Tech! Stinking Sioux won't give them a chance though...